How to Use Greenify APP : Smartphones in the era today have become one necessary evil of society. Be it waking up in the morning, to sleeping at night; smartphones do have a role to play in all of this. Whether you need to get some food or you need to watch your favourite TV show, smartphones are the ones you rush towards. Now as we talk about this necessary evil, we ought to make sure that this evil serves us at all times.
How to Use Greenify APP ?
In order to do so, we need to ensure that it provides optimum battery life which lasts for at least couple of hours. In order to help us with this task of battery backup as well as to extend the battery life, there is app Greenify which helps us deal with these issues.
So what exactly is this application? How does one use the same? Let’s find it out below.
What exactly is Greenify?
Greenify is one application which helps prevent excess battery drain as well as C.P.U usage, thereby making your smartphone faster and reliable. This software tends to hibernate the backgrounds apps and prevents them from consuming too much of your battery. This application continuously monitors the behaviour of applications on your smartphone and thereby detecting any apps which are causing lags or slow processing.
It easy to use and install this application and no prior knowledge of guidance is required to carry out this task.
How does One Use This Application?
This application as we mentioned before is quite easy to use and install. There are some minor differences and functionalities in a rooted and non-rooted device which are stated below.
Check Out – Greenify Donation Package
Non-Rooted Device Users
One needs to follow the following steps for installing and using this greenify application on their smartphones.
- Download the application from the Google play store, by simply searching ‘Greenify’ in the search panel.
- Alternatively, you can directly visit this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en and install.
- Once you locate the application and install the APK, open by clicking on the icon and thereby you will be presented with the welcome screen of the app, which will give you a quick description of same. Press the next button at the bottom left of the screen, and it will take you to the new page.
- Here you have to select the mode of working, and you will be presented with three options, selected the first one saying, “My Device is NOT rooted’.
- Once selected press again on the ‘NEXT’ button and proceed towards the next page which will ask you, if you use any type of smart locking mechanism such as ‘Fingerprint lock’ or ‘Smart Device Lock’. Check the box if you use this type of mechanism or simply proceed on to the next page.
- Once done with the same, go to your settings and disable the option of locking your device using the power
- Return back to the installation page, and then you will be required to check for the second pre-requisite, which is auto delay lock. Set the value of auto delay lock to a minimum of 5 seconds, as this is the time which the Greenify application requires for successfully hibernating any of your apps.
- Once finished with this test, directly proceed towards the third and final pre-requisite setting of ‘accessibility’.
- Here you are required to allow Greenify to hibernate the apps as well as give it permission to monitor your activities. Once all the three things mentioned are done, you can simply go back to the page of installation, and you will be shown the ‘Ready’ page which means that the application is now successfully installed as well as running on your non-rooted device.
Rooted Android Device
The process for installation as well as the use of this application is quite simple for the users with the rooted Android device. Now each and every step starting from the searching to download and install of application is same as the one for the Non-Rooted Device. After this there are three steps you need to follow:
- Upon the presentation of the welcome page, simply select the option of ‘my device is rooted’ and then click on the bottom next option.
- After this, the application will ask you for root access, and all you need to do is allow it to access the root.
- Once you are finished with this, you will be shown the option of whether the device you are working on uses smart lock or fingerprint, if you do press yes or else simply click ‘Next’ and you will be finished with the installation process of the application.
How to Start Using the Application
In order to finally use this application for hibernating your apps, all you need to do is open the app, and tap on the ‘plus’ icon mentioned at the bottom of the screen. Once done you will be presented with the list of applications which are currently running. Now follow these steps for easy working with Greenify:
- Select the applications which you think need to be hibernated. You can do this by tapping on the checkboxes beside the apps.
- Now click on the three dots mentioned at the top right of the screen, and this will show small cloud-like symbol alongside certain apps. This means that these applications use Google cloud messaging to send notifications and hibernating them will cause no issues to you in terms of receiving updates or messages.
- Do not hibernate the apps which do not have this service enabled or else you will not be able to receive notifications from such apps.
- Once selected simply click on the Zzz button on the bottom right of the screen.
Read More – Greenify Download
While this tap on Zzz button and this will immediately hibernate apps on a rooted device, it would open a new menu on the ones which are not rooted. Now here you must close the application you selected one by one and then return back to the app for success hibernation.
So there is it. Our guide to successful hibernation using Greenify application. Easy? Isn’t it?